Saturday, November 24, 2012

Vacation Photos






My family and I traveled to the Galapagos with the Linblad Expedition in August, 2004. At the time I was only 11 years old, yet it was still a fantastic vacation.



There I got to see there arid lowlands of the galapagos first hand. I saw lots of prickly pear cacti and both land and marine iguanas. The temperature was dry, yet breezy. It shocked me how much of the environment there remained untouched and undisturbed by humanity. Most of the islands were unpopulated by humans, and the absence of people made me realize how important it is to preserve the islands' natural state. The Galapagos provide us with so many benefits, and has been the forefront in demonstrating how species undergo adaptation to their environment. Without the preservation of the arid lowlands and the galapagos as a whole, these species that have survived to evolve throughout the past 5 million years will become extinct.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment